Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boy's night in....

D has a group of mates that he plays poker with every fortnight. They all put in $20 each, and they take turns having it at each others place. Usually there's a few empties to go into the recycling otto when they're done. When I say 'a few', I really mean 'a LOT'. It can go for hours, starting at 7pm, and finishing around 11.30pm-midnight most of the time. I always heat them some savouries for supper. You should hear them. Sounds like they're having a blast. And the language gets more 'colourful' as the evening goes on! It's kinda cute how they all shake hands with whomever has just 'gone out'. How gentlemanly! Being the good scrapping wife that I am, I decided that I needed photographic evidence so that I could scrap an event that has become such a regular feature of D's evenings.






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

topkatnz said...

sounds like a very cool fun night!!

Viv said...

Very civilised! Do you have to supply nibbles to keep them happy and semi-sober?