Saturday, May 16, 2009

Candy to be won, Candy already won, and Think Pink!

1.  Check out this blog for some fab candy.... worth a shot, right?

2.  To my Einey, Meanie, Miney and Mo ladies, those that need to be posted are unfortunately still sitting in my tote bag awaiting a visit to the post shop.  Sorry.  Will get posted on Monday.  Heidi and Viv I have yours addressed and ready to go, Ana, I still need your addy hon.  If I don't hear from you within the next week, I'll open that up to someone else...

3. Only one week to go until the Pink Ribbon Breakfast - see my earlier post here.  

I can confirm that I have managed to persuade quite a few local businesses to donate some goodies as spot prizes and raffle prizes on the day, and you've got to be in to win, yeah? Listen out for me on Port FM this week - two radio interviews coming up in the near future.  The things we do, huh!  Seriously though, it's raising money for a great cause, and I really really want this to go well - I've put a lot of effort in.  Anyone out there who is umming and aahing if they will go or not, hesitate no longer.  I am happy to DELIVER tickets to anyone that wants them, just let me know.  Let's make this work, people!  

Some facts you may not have known:  
  • Breast Cancer affects 1 in 9 New Zealand women.  
  • Breast Cancer accounts for one-third of all cancers suffered by women.  
  • More women will die this year from Breast Cancer than on our roads (600 to breast cancer compared to 400 road deaths).  
  • 2,500 women this year alone will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  
  • One in ten New Zealand men will lose a wife, mother, sister or daughter to Breast Cancer in their lifetime.  
  • 90% of women diagnosed with Breast Cancer have no known risk factors or family history of Breast Cancer.
  • 85% of women diagnosed now (ie 2009 and beyond) will survive their Breast Cancer diagnosis following treatment.
Anyone who would like to help but is unable to attend next Saturday, please feel free to donate here.  Any amount gratefully accepted.  I have a lot of information and resources available if anyone would like copies, and I have Pink Ribbon pens ($3), Pink Ribbon wristbands ($3), Pink Ribbons ($3) and Enamel Pink Ribbon brooches ($4) for sale.  All proceeds go straight to the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.  The NZBCF is a charitable trust that gets NO funding from the government, nor any funding from the Cancer Society (two common misconceptions).  They need all the help they can get, so get the gorse out of those pockets and dig deep!  Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

'Nuf said....

I am watching J having a cuddle with D in the lazyboy at the moment, both of whom look nearly ready to go to sleep - sooooo cute!

I think I might get some scrapping stuff out tonight and see how creative I can be.  Hope you all have a nice weekend, and I hope to see you all next Saturday.

Toodles, B x


No comments: