Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Friends

Yup, this post is about one of the most important things you can have in your life.  Friends.  

We all have 'acquaintances' and those people at work you chatter to while waiting for the photocopier, but we all NEED friends.  Sometimes life isn't easy, and you get dealt the odd blow that comes out of left field.  At times like that, you need your friends.  

A friend is a person who can tell what's wrong by what you don't say.  A friend is someone who knows where you keep the coffee, and is happy to jump up and make coffee for you in your own home.  A friend doesn't judge.  A friend is someone who you can sit with in silence, and it isn't awkward.  A friend knows all your failings, and still loves you anyway.  A friend knows when to show up armed with chocolate/wine/tissues/all of the above.  A friend, as the MasterCard ads always say, is PRICELESS.

I am lucky that my best friend is my husband, Darryl.  And another of my closest friends is my Mum.  To my other lovely, beautiful, supportive, truly fab-u-lous friends and confidantes.... you know who you are, and hopefully, you know what you mean to me.  A person only has so much inner strength to draw on, the rest she gains from the love and support of her friends.

Without friends, without support, without love, what is there?  Not a heck of a lot, to be honest.

To those of you who have been there for me, please accept this as a personal thank-you from me.   You ARE appreciated.

Oh, and to the little people out there in the universe who take delight in shitting on others.... be careful, karma's a bitch.  It'll always get you in the end.  

Right, enough ranting from me.  I'm getting off my soapbox, and going to bed.  Night! B x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have friends, Becks. Love Jenn