Friday, April 17, 2009

Paper Quilling, The Good Jacob, and Wine!

I had a lovely day yesterday. J had been naughty the day before so he was not allowed to see any TV all day. Quite a punishment for a 5 year old on holiday. It was amazing. Evil Jacob left the building, and was replaced by happy, helpful, courteous Jacob! Fabulous!

I had to go into work for a bit, and my intended half hour visit turned into a two-and-a-half hour slog. Grrrr. Luckily J was reasonably happy to stay in my office and play with his toys. I say reasonably. After that we visited Grandad Jim at work, called past The Lolly Jar to get some icing flower decorations for future cupcakes, then headed home for lunch.

After lunch I decided it was as good a day as any to call on my friend Heather armed with a bottle of wine. We'd talked about doing it often enough, so why not I thought?! Before we could go to her place, J wanted to make her a card first. I had only just shown him what a quilling tool was ("What's vis fing for Mum?"), and he decided to make a quilled flower card for Heath all on his own. Honest, all I did was glue them onto the card for him... he did all the quilling himself. Check it out:





I think he did a pretty fab job, esp for a first attempt. Anyhoo, armed with a bottle of bubbles, I headed round to Heath's, and we had a lovely afternoon! Not a bad idea, this drinking thing! Ha ha ha. God, I must sound like an alcoholic, but I'm not, I promise! Honest.

Toodles, B x
Posted by Picasa

No comments: