Monday, February 1, 2010

Tekapo Tamer...

We have just spent the weekend at the Army Barracks just outside Tekapo township - D was doing the Tekapo Tamer trailride with a few of his mates.

There were 4 or 5 different runs to choose from, and they were there from Friday afternoon until we packed up late morning Sunday. J and I only went up Saturday afternoon (cos I knew there'd be nothing else for me to do but play camp mum!), and joined them for dinner and drinkies etc that night. Man you have to take a lot of crap with you when you are tenting. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink really!

I followed the boys to the pit area (9km down a shingle road, niiice), and got a pic of them all lined up before they took off:

L-R: Kev, Clayton, Len, D, Craig

It sounds like it was pretty rough riding most of the time, but I guess you can't do much about the countryside - it's ALL like that in the McKenzie country. The weather was pretty good - I'm sporting a little bit more colour than I was when I left, and man did I sleep good last night - something about all that fresh country air, makes you sleep good, you know?!

Right - time to pack up the wee dude and head off to work (YIPPEE). See ya soon Rach!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: